Search ATS’ Blog
Search by Article Category
Search by Article Name
Search by Keyword
Search by TagAdvanced Thermal Solutions air flow ATS azar CFD cold plates Consulting convection cooling education electronics electronics cooling engineering Fan Fan Characterization heat exchangers heat pipe heat pipes heat sink heat sink attach heat sink design heat sinks heat transfer Kaveh Azar LED LED Lighting liquid cooling maxiFLOW mechanical engineer Norman Quesnel PCB QPedia qpedia thermal emagazine temperature measurement thermal analysis thermal characterization thermal conductivity thermal design thermal engineering thermal interface material thermal management thermal research thermal resistance training videos webinar
Category Archives: datacenter
Data centers are the heart of cloud computing. They are impressive computing systems in and of themselves. But with so much CPU power generating so much heat how can thermal engineers architect them for optimal thermal management? One solution is adaptive cooling. Our thermal engineering team has written a white paper addressing adaptive cooling and it can be yours without cost or obligation, just click to this link: “ATS White Paper: Adaptive Cooling in Data Centers“
Give us 60 minutes and we’ll give you a cooler datacenter!Â That’s right, our webinar on October 27, “Tools and Techniques for the Thermal Management of Small, Medium and Large Scale Data Centers ” will teach you:
- How to consider your datacenter like a system for your thermal management strategy
- Do you approach cooling a small, medium or large scale datacenter differently or the same?
- Are you focusing on the most critical cooling goals for your datacenter or are you chasing the wrong goals and watching heat and power usage spiral?
We’ll answer these questions and more at our free Webinar, “Tools and Techniques for the Thermal Management of Small, Medium and Large Scale Data Centers ”
To join, click to the following link and you can sign up:Â Â Reserve Your Spot at ” “Tools and Techniques for the Thermal Management of Small, Medium and Large Scale Data Centers “
Datacenters are effectively large scale systems composed of the “components” of racks of computers. Novel approaches to cooling datacenters of various sizes are being undertaken today to obtain the best and most green cooling possible. This vertical webinar will consider approaches for small, medium and large scale datacenters to achieve a given datacenters cooling goals.
To register, please visit our webinar registration site here: Thermal Management of a Datacenter Webinar Registration
Todd Schneider over at Electrorack has penned an article on some new approaches to thermal management in the data center. Among the topics Tom covers:
- An update on metrics being used to determine facility efficiency
- What’s behind the pressure on data center managers to comply with Go Green initiatives for power usage
- Discussion of different solutions including: air side solutions, aisle containment solutions, active and passive ducted containment, water-side refrigerant and rear-door exchangers
Todd’s article is well worth a read to help in thinking through what might be next in your data center thermal management strategy. You can read the entire article at Data Center Knowledge by clicking through to this link: “Combatting Thermal Issues with Next-Gen Tools“