The CLWT-067-PCIe™, is a unique closed loop wind tunnel for thermal characterization of components, boards and heat sinks. The unit is made of Aluminum, sheet metal and LEXAN™ and produces flows up to 1400 ft/min (7 m/s) and temperature up to 85°C. The CLWT-067-PCIe™ uses the proven technology of the CLWT-067 and adds a new m test section specially designed for the thermal testing and characterization of either full or half-height standard PCIe cards.
The CLWT-067-PCIe™ uses the proven technology of the CLWT-067™ and adds a new test section specially designed for the thermal testing and characterization of either full or or half-height standard PCIe cards.
The CLWT-067-PCIe™ wind tunnel produces air flows up to 7 m/s (1,400 ft/min). With customization, it can generate flows up to 50 m/s (10,000 ft/min) using orifice plates (available optionally). The clear LEXAN™ test section lets the user view the test specimen and allows for ease of flow visualization.
Unlike open loop wind tunnels, the CLWT-067-PCIe™ recirculates internal air. This allows the system heater to quickly warm the air to a specific temperature. The testing of boards and components in hot air is a requirement in many electric systems such as components and power supplies. The precise controls of air temperature and velocity along with the board temperature range of the CLWT-067-PCIe™ wind tunnel makes it a versatile test instrument for a variety of applications.
The complete wind tunnel fits on most lab benches and is powered from the CLWTC-1000™ and the stageCONTROL™ software (included with the wind tunnel purchase). The CLWTC-1000 requires 220 VAC at 20 Amps. The wind tunnel test section allows for 5 Sensor ports to provide access for sensors, pitot tubes or thermocouples to measure air velocity, pressure, humidity and temperature (separate hot wire anemometer or other instrument required)
- Overall Dimensions (LxWxH) 143.1 x 49.3 x 67.7 cm (56.37 x 19.4 x 26.6")
- Test Section Dimensions (L x W x H) 43.1 x 25.0 x 8.9 (inside wall to wall) cm (16.9 x 9.8 x 3.5")
- Number of Instrument Ports 5
- Flow Range 0 to 7 m/s (1400 ft/min)
- Temperature Range Ambient to 85°C (ambient to 185°F)
- Weight 70.7 kg (156 lbs.)
- PCIe Specific: Purpose designed and built for the thermal testing and characterization of thermal management solutions for PCIe cards.
- High Temperature Testing: Evaluate the effects of elevated temperatures on components, power supplies or PCIe cards at different velocity
- Aerodynamic & Pressure Drop Measurement: Measure the effect of air flow on drag and pressure drop for components and boards
- Flow Characteristics: High quality, uniformed flow with very low turbulence intensity
- Wind Tunnel Controller : Control flow and temperatures while viewing data and monitoring events with the included CLWTC-1000
- Component Testing: Evaluate the effects of air flow on an individual or multiple component’s temperature and PCB response and reliability
CUSTOM VERSIONS AVAILABLE :Call us and talk to our engineers for custom versions