Standard and Custom Cold Plates
High-Performance Liquid Cold Plates
Check Distribution Stock
- Video: What Is A Cold Plate & How Does It Work ?
- Webinar: Selecting & Designing Cold Plates
- ATS Instrument & Wind Tunnel Overview
Related Qpedia Articles
Standard Cold Plate :
Cold Plate with IGBT :
When cooling IGBT modules and high-powered semiconductors, air cooling is often inadequate and liquid cooling is required. Cold plates are a way to implement localized cooling of power electronics by transferring heat from the device to a liquid that flows to a remote heat exchanger and dissipates into either the ambient or to another liquid in a secondary cooling system.
ATS liquid cold plates are the right choice for cooling high-powered electronics, IGBT modules, lasers, wind turbines, motor devices, automotive components, medical equipment, and any application where liquid cooling is needed.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- More than 30% improvement in thermal performance compared to commercially-available cold plates
- Compatible with industry accepted coolants
- 1/4 (pipe size) – 18 (thread density) NPT threaded input and output
- Low pressure drop
- Lightweight for ease of use
- Provides uniform cold plate surface temperature when IGBTs are installed
- Leak tested at 100 psi
- Customizable to fit different devices
The internal, mini-channel fin structure enhances the surface area to maximize heat transfer with low pressure drop characteristics and provides uniform cold plate surface temperature.
Customization is available. ATS can design cold plates to meet size restrictions and manufacture cold plates to connect with a variety of components include
Complete Your Liquid Loop with ATS
ATS has the products needed to design a complete liquid cooling loop : Cold Plates to transfer and remove the heat from the source; Heat Exchanger to tranfer heat from the liquid to the air with or without a fan; and Chillers to circulate and condition the fluid in the system. In Addition , ATS offer Flow Meter to instanteaously measure the volumetric flow rate of the fluid in the system and Leak Detector to notify users of any leaks in the system.